Monday 1 August 2011

The weekend in

We were lucky to have had the nicest week in Melbourne yet! Every night there was a spectacular sunset with the sky beaming orange and pink. I suppose that’s ONE plus to living across the street from the beach J Kristina and I got home from school one evening and decided to put dinner on hold and go for a walk to catch the sunset. Walking along the beach we got stopped by a journalist who wanted to take our pictures for the local St.Kilda newspaper. Life since then has been very hard, we haven’t been able to leave the house without paparazzi or fans and our phone rings off the hook with all the other newspapers trying to get interviews with us…. Well that’s not entirely the case but if we actually do make it in the paper I’ll post my famous pic, after all he could’ve just been a guy with a camera who creepily wanted our photos.





So after what seemed to be a long week of transit with a tad bit of actual class time, the weekend had arrived. Since our restaurant is closed for renovations I was looking forward to getting some real weekend time in since I had to work the last two weekends without any play. Instead I got sick and watched more television in two days that I have my entire time here. I was very lucky that channel ten (which we have quickly realized has all our fav stuff including master chef and the renovators) pulled through for us with some Hollywood flicks and re-runs of master chef. I did however manage to leave the house for a little excitement on Saturday night. Kristina and I had bought tickets to the Melbourne International Film Festival for Saturday night so I put on enough makeup to make me seem not contagious and drugged up and we were good to go. I am very glad we did because the documentary was hilarious. You’d think that with all the documentaries about advertising and product placement I see in my major at University that I’d want to look for a murder mystery of some sort, but we ended up seeing “The Greatest Movie Ever Sold” by director Morgan Spurlock (director of supersize me). Not only was the movie very funny, the director himself came out for a question and answer session at the end. I thought that all in all it was a very cool experience, never thought I’d be in Melbourne listening to one of the largest documentary producers from the U.S.A. speak. Anyhow then it was back home and back to bed for me.

Not surprisingly Sunday I didn’t move from the couch. Technically it’s august first here so I can wish everyone a Happy BC Day, or August long as most people know it. Truly am jealous that my Melbourne adventure has dwindled down to me sitting in pijamas in the same spot on the couch for 10 hours a day while everyone back home gets to enjoy the summer sun. I didn’t think that couch grooves were a real thing until I got up last night to realize that there was an indentation on the couch resembling my huddled body shape. Today has been better thank God, but Monday= homework day= the last possible thing I want to do when sick, but the wind outside won’t stop and we had to run to the grocery store in between wind storms. 70km northly winds have kept us inside. Good news is that the plumbers showed up today with our gas fireplace all fixed up. It wasn’t stolen and now we can be fully heated and warm! Perfect timing. Life at 8/16 Marine Parade is looking up again. If only the neighbours downstairs would stop arguing and the other neighbours dog wouldn’t run around the whole complex leaving poo everywhere. I thought he was cute until he took a liking in doing his business right in front of our steps. When its dark out its hard to make it up the stairs clean.

That is all for now.

Bundled up sick, made a berry crumble


Monash student life
sunny day on campus





No comments:

Post a Comment